2017 has been an amazing year for me, with ups and downs…
I have done some really cool things:
- I walked barefoot over hot coals in the company of 10,000 overexcited people at a Tony Robbins event
- I taught myself (with the help of Youtube and some lovely facebook communities) to crochet beautiful things
- I started my Leadership with Roopam facebook Page
- I swam in the Mediterranean Sea, the Caribbean Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean with my 8 year old daughter
- I saw a (nearly) total eclipse of the sun
- I have created a facebook group (please click on the link to apply)
- I have lost over 15 kilograms of excess weight – but still have a long way to go
- I have stepped back from day to day management of my Nursery Business, because I have been able to delegate to an absolutely Awesome team
- I have started writing a blog
- I have created Apps to help people manage their nurseries
- I have finally found the best, most perfect, pale blue shimmery nail polish
I have had challenges like all of us.
I have had things that have made me weep, family illnesses, days when it all got too overwhelming, and days when I have wondered if I am just a crazy dreamer…
But yes, overall, it’s been a heck of a ride 🙂
So what about 2018?
I love to collect and share wonderful, inspiring quotes… and I know how much people enjoy reading and sharing them.
Well, I was thinking about how I would love to have some of these wonderful words on the wall of my office in a calendar, ready for 2018. I love these reminders of what is important and meaningful… and let’s face it, I’m not always staring at my computer, even though it sometimes feels I am. I love having nice things on my walls.
I started looking for a calendar that would inspire me, and help me to focus on the important stuff. I had a look at the local shopping centre, but they weren’t really me… After all, I don’t have anything against puppies, but I don’t want to look at them every day…
And then I looked online, and I found some of the quotes a bit too…. FFFierce? Just because I want to achieve lots and live an amazing life, it doesn’t mean I want to do other people down…. Also – I never, ever wear high heels – it’s Converses all the way for me
So in the spirit of Dreaming Big, and trying new things, I decided to just make my own Calendar!
So here it is – twelve fantastic quotes, one for each month of the year.
I chose these because they are my favourite quotes, and they all mean something special to me. I have placed them all on lovely photos that either I have taken, in the UK and beyond, or that were taken by a very good friend of mine, Seija, who lives in Finland with its rugged scenery and awesome skies.
March’s inspirational quote is:
I took this photo of the clouds over Rutland Water, which is a beautiful lake surrounded by gentle hills in Leicestershire. I was there for the day with my 8 year old daughter, and my friend Kath and her children. It was one of those beautiful English Summer days, when the air is so warm that you feel positively enrobed in it.
We spent the day swimming in the lake and chatting about what we wanted to achieve. I was so excited to tell Kath that I wanted to help other people develop their leadership skills and begin to love leading their teams. I was Dreaming Big, but yes, it’s terrifying. I suppose this quote encapsulates all of that for me.
Oh – and just in case you were worrying, there aren’t any photos of me in this calendar – I wouldn’t do that to you!!!
I hope you enjoy my Calendar – I have been giving it to people as a gift and they have loved it. Make someone’s year that little bit more special with a little dose of inspiration.
You can buy it for £12.99 here
Let’s make 2018 a fantastic year.